“Mini
Zhoe”
I cannot help but smile as I type that scrumptious
name! And thanks to Marco Massaccesi,
we now have the luxury of beginning AW15 (my favorite season!) not only with
our beloved Zhoe and her sister Zhoe Legend, but also with the newly released
Mini Zhoe!
There cannot be a Mini Zhoe reveal without first
paying homage to the original Zhoe herself and second in the series, Zhoe
Legend. I do not own a Legend yet, but
when I hit the Zhoe Trifecta, you will be the first to know! My love for Zhoe began when she arrived on my
doorstep five months ago and it has been sheer joy ever since! Of all the styles I have owned in my life,
Zhoe is without a doubt at the top of my list for most wonderful to wear. She is a dream to carry on the shoulder and
fabulous when worn crossbody. I find her
to be very lightweight, comfortable, and extremely easy to reach into while on.
Aesthetically this style is truly pleasing to the
eye. First you have the gorgeous leather
of the bag itself, so continuous that it reaches from the tip of the front flap
all the way around the top, down the back and then another piece up and around
her front. The underside of the flap
closure is fully lined in leather. Then there
is this beautiful half inch border of leather that runs along the sides of the
front, top and back of bag. I have crazy
insane love for this border. The design is so clean and sharp. The perfectly painted edge coating is
stunning. To me, it is the small details
of Zhoe that truly make her spectacular.
I love how the polished chain on both ends of the leather strap with
buckle give her a little edge.
Now we rejoice in the blissful design of hip and sassy
Mini Zhoe! She is this darling and miniature
version of her big sisters. A nice size
to accompany you during your day trips or date nights out and arrives to you
with two straps! Oh yes, my friends,
Mini Zhoe has two straps! One is perfect
for shoulder wear during your nights in the city, and the other long enough for
crossbody, even adjusting to a length that has a comfortable drop for wear over
your Winter coat. The width of both
straps are in perfect proportion to the size of Mini Zhoe. They are a bit more narrow than that of original
Zhoe, which is very apparent when you hold her, as it makes your Mini all the
more chic. I love how Massaccesi
adjusted the width of this strap when scaling down to this bag size, very
smart!
When my Mini Zhoe arrived and I finally got past
gushing over her exterior long enough to open the flap, I squealed with delight
again as I discovered I had equal love for the interior. There is a back panel zipper compartment big
enough for your ID and cards. And then,
my favorite part, her front interior panel has this sideways horizontal open
slip pocket that is wide enough to accommodate some Smartphones. Oh my word, when you have her on, it is sooooo
easy to reach in and either place your cell in this pocket or grab your cell
out. I am in swoony river LOVE with this
sideways pocket! It brings me such
simplistic happiness. There are credit
card slip pockets in front of that, and a nice open area for your other
belongings.
Original Zhoe has a top zipper that runs the length of
the bag directly under her flap closure.
(Zhoe Legend and Mini Zhoe do not have this interior top zipper under the
flap.) I customized my original Zhoes to
be made without the zipper. This is
another wonderful example of how Massaccesi truly allows us to create bespoke
bags and choose options that best suit our personal style and needs.
Below are approximate measurements for each Zhoe style, and finally it is my pleasure to introduce to you my gorgy gorgeous Dark Brown Croco Mini Zhoe!
Mini
Zhoe
Width
at base: cm. 20 (7.8”)
Height:
cm. 15 (6”)
Depth:
cm. 6 (2.3”)
Adjustable
strap length of first strap including chain: cm. 99 to 116 (39” to 46”)
Adjustable
strap length of second strap including chain: cm. 121 to 139 (48” to 55”)
Zhoe
Width
at base: cm. 25 (9.8”)
Height:
cm. 20 (7.8”)
Depth:
cm. 8 (3.1”)
Adjustable
strap length including chain: cm. 91 to 111 (36” to 44”)
Zhoe
Legend
Width
at base cm. 25 (10.2”)
Height:
cm. 20 (8”)
Depth:
cm. 8.8 (3.5”)
Adjustable
strap length including chain: cm. 91 to 111 (36” to 44”)
![]() |
| Mini Zhoe in Dark Brown Croco Print - Calf leather |
![]() |
| Mini Zhoe (Dark Brown Croco Print) and Original Zhoe (Deep Blue Africa) size comparison |
![]() |
| Zhoe Legend interior for comparison |
![]() |
| On shoulder |
![]() |
| Crossbody |
It
would please me ever so much to answer your question or mail you a swatch!








She's gorgeous, Lovie, just like the Lovie who is modeling her! What an adorable handbag! Thank you for showing her to us.
ReplyDeleteHi Beckie dear, thank you very much, she is very fun to wear! You are always so kind, thanks for your lovely thoughts.
DeleteHi! I would be very interested in purchasing a mini Zhoe -- it's so beautiful! I don't see it on the website though, will it be available to purchase on the website soon? Grazie!!
ReplyDeleteGreetings Carolyn! Thanks for stopping by! Our website is under reconstruction at the moment so all styles are not shown. In the meantime, you may purchase by emailing me at: colette@marcomassaccesi.it
DeleteI look forward to visiting with you and thanks again!