Saturday, May 7, 2016

Daphne

Love arrived in the mail!  One would think love cannot be mailed, but it can and it arrived on my doorstep this week!  I am so excited two styles from the SS16 collection are here and my friends, this satchel is one of them.  As I carried her for the first time yesterday, undoubtedly I knew I would be repeating myself because every time I think I have a favorite Massaccesi, the next Season’s styles debut and there is equal love.  How does he do that?

Such a chic and classic style, my Daphne is art.  Just like the sculpture, I am transformed and transcended, but instead of trying to escape, I long to remain, hold and admire her.  There are a multitude of small details I immediately adore such as the inward curves at the base of each side and the intricate perfect stitching where double handles attach.  Top leather indentations allow space for the zipper with its double pulls to tuck down, it is not only wonderfully unique but functionally I soon discover the bag opens easier.  What I find time and time again is each MM design detail has purpose and is well thought out.

The Vacchetta leather on this style is quite intoxicating and provides more structure if that is your preference.  If you gravitate to a more pliable bag, the Merinos leathers would be an excellent choice.  I am fond of the way the long strap attaches, one end at the top back of the bag and the other positioned at the front.  It lays nicely and is very comfortable on the shoulder.  I have included a couple different scenarios for bag contents and what fits inside. I am thrilled my Ellipsis Tablet which measures 10.25 inches by 6.75 inches fits perfectly.  The traditional MM leather trimmed open slip pockets are easily accessible and as always, the back panel interior zipper pocket is a life saver for items that I need to keep more secure.

The journey with this handbag will be the real excitement for me.  I believe as she ages she will take on new life.  I am already excited to see how she will transform!

Approximate measurements

Width: 11.8” (cm. 30)
Height: 9.45” (cm. 24)
Depth: 5.5” (cm. 12)
Top handle drop: 4.5” (cm. 14)
Messenger strap max. length: 46.5” (cm. 118)
Width of messenger strap:  1 inch (cm. 2,5)
Sauro Tan Vacchetta Daphne and Lily of the Valley just beginning to blossom







With Penelope, Flora, Tablet and smaller items




With a book, Flora, Tablet and smaller items



Size comparison shots:  pictured with Bronze Africa Flora

with Deep Blue Africa Phoebe

with Tan Croco print Calf Mini Zhoe

with Deep Blue Africa Zhoe


with Red Cherry Natural Flat Calf Little Miss M


with Black Pebbled Selene Zip Midi


with Plum Pebbled Soulmate Midi







I look forward to your email!

2 comments:

  1. My dear Colette, too beautiful for words!! Can't wait to get mine. :) ...msd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao to you my dear msd! Thank you very much! I cannot wait for you to receive your Daphne too, she will be a stunner!!! So happy you 'stopped by' :-)

      Delete