Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Stunning MASSACCESI Spring/Summer 2016 Leathers!

Are you ready?  I am ready!  A reveal of your SS16 leathers!  They are immediately available for your current favorite MM styles and will also be available when our three new SS16 styles debut.  I am so excited about each of these gorgeous leathers.


“Sauro Tan” is the new Massaccesi Vacchetta and we hope you love it as much as we do!  It is lighter in color than last season’s Rust Brown Vacchetta, yet dark enough that it will age beautifully, develop a fabulous patina and be quite wearable all year.  Marco always selects leathers for us that are not only exquisite but will also wear as well as possible, so our Vacchettas have been treated with a slight protectant.  If you gravitate to leather that has unique characteristics and variations, a leather that has individual personality shining through on each handbag made, then the Vacchettas are for you!  They are thick, chewy, and so extraordinary.  Even the swatches I am photographing are different from each other.  Not one exactly the same, I love it!
Spring Summer Collection 2016 ~ Sauro Tan Vacchetta & Dark Brown Nappa strap with Light Gold Hardware
 Many Sauro Tan Vacchetta swatches ready to be on their way to you!
 (Light gold hardware on left & silver on the right in all pictures below.)
Sauro Tan Vacchetta and Light Pink Lining
Sauro Tan Vacchetta and Marine Lining
Sauro Tan Vacchetta and Cappuccino Lining
Sauro Tan Vacchetta swatch with my Selene Zip Midi in Rust Brown Vacchetta and Light Gold hardware underneath for color comparison


The Merinos leathers are the most lightweight I have ever felt and we are drooling over the four new SS16 colors “Crystal Pink, Octane, Jade and Cameo Rose”!  My first experience with this leather last year was in a swatch.  I thought it was just delicious!  But then I held a handbag made in it, and I just about fainted.  It was really pretty and felt extraordinary.  They are very unstructured and puddly, ideal for travel, work, or all day wear.  I also love Merinos for our small leather goods Penelope, Flora and Phoebe.  Although they are silky soft, they are strong.  The light textured variations are all natural and not stamped, providing a unique look to each handbag.  If you are seeking super soft and light as a feather leather, look no further.
Spring Summer Collection 2016 Merinos Leathers ~ Crystal Pink, a soft and pretty pink, can be casual and also very elegant, a perfect neutral.  The beautiful blue Octane, like the deep part of the sea, it is rich and stunning.  Jade, completely jewel like and true to it's name, subtle, I see slight grey undertones, it is gorgeous.  Cameo Rose, so very lovely and really unique, it is warm and happy like the intense color you see in a flower bud.

Crystal Pink Merinos and Silver Lining
Octane Merinos and MM Signature Dark Grey Lining
Jade Merinos and Silver Lining
Cameo Rose Merinos and MM Signature Dark Grey Lining


Nappa is divine!  What a pleasant surprise holding this leather for the first time last year.  It was much more pliable than I had imagined.  It feels so wonderful in your hands and now I understand why Marco chose it for the handles of our Soulmate and Soulmate Midi.  It feels as wonderful on the shoulder as it does in your hands.  It moves with you, is not stiff, yet it is strong. The colors are very rich, saturated and I have crazy love for the colors Marco selected for us this season “Tuscan Yellow, Ivory Beige, Tangerine and Santorini”!  If you crave leathers that are very uniform in color, silky smooth and not varied in texture,
Nappa will make you very happy.  
Spring Summer Collection 2016 Nappa Leathers ~ Tuscan Yellow, such a thick and earthy hue, it is like a beautiful sunflower and will compliment many skin tones.  Ivory Beige this one is all luxe, a creamy beige, very lovely, quite neutral, chic.  Tangerine is a rich, deep and seriously saturated burnt orange, it's gorgeous.  Santorini....when I think of blues in Greece, I think of cobalt and this one!  It is like the sky and the water and all the shades that are not cobalt wrapped together in one!  If you ever saw MM's Artik Nappa, Santorini is in the same family but a shade darker.

Tuscan Yellow Nappa and MM Signature Dark Grey Lining
Tangerine Nappa and Cappuccino Lining
Tangerine Nappa and MM Signature Dark Grey Lining
Santorini Nappa and MM Signature Dark Grey Lining
Ivory Beige Nappa and Red Lining

As I have held these leathers taking pictures in different lighting, with the hope of capturing the hues that change in shade and brightness, I have no doubt that Marco keeps each of his customers in mind as he selects leather.  When we choose a handbag it is such a personal decision and so much fun!  They are accessories that are extensions of us really and Massaccesi truly does have a leather and style to suit every swagger, personality, preference and daily need.

The warmth of sunshine through a window pane
Cool shade!
With a favorite: the contrasting dark brown Nappa strap
Sauro Tan Vacchetta in bright sunshine

I would be ever so pleased to mail you a swatch or have a good chat about the new SS16 leathers for your current and most beloved Massaccesi styles.



No comments:

Post a Comment