Sunday, September 4, 2016

Cassandra

Gorgeous!  Cassandra is a stunner!  What a true joy to carry.  My first impression was the design of the flap, so luxe and just divine to the touch while you are reaching into your bag.  As I held her, I didn't want to let go of it!  The beautiful strap with double buckle hardware is beautiful, a bit wider and perfectly suits this style.  It is a fabulous proportion to the bag itself, distributes the weight of my contents evenly and there are lovely ‘M’ leather design elements on the sides of the bag where the strap attaches.

My heart, all this organization!  Exterior front pockets directly under the flap which are especially nice for those of us used to our Minerva and Minerva Midis.  A wide open interior with ample room for 9 x 13 inch files, books, Ellipsis Tablet (10.25 x 6.75 inches) and accessories.  Traditional MM interior back pocket with zipper and two open slip pockets also keep my belongings in place.

And then the exterior back of the bag… we get to choose!  Seriously?  This is customization at its finest!  Prefer your bag standard with no pockets at all, the MM Workshop can make that happen.  Would you like to select an open slip pocket for easy access to your cell… there you go!  Absolutely need a zipper on your exterior pocket?  Of course Marco says, no problem, your wish is granted!

I see Cassandra being very chameleon-like depending on which leather is chosen.  With this A/W Season's leathers, if you prefer structure the Vacchetta are perfect.  In between Pebbled and Africa are lovely and in my experience become more broken in over time.  Desire immediate softness?  Merinos, our lightest leather, would be incredible especially if you want Cassandra to be close to your side crossbody (which I found very comfortable to wear.)
Cassandra in Dark Taupe Vacchetta

Cassandra in Dark Taupe Vacchetta with the shade sneaking a bit more into the shot.  ;-)

Interior with contents full

Front exterior pockets just under the flap closure

One of the upgraded choices: back exterior zipper pocket with my Ellipsis Tablet (10.25 x 6.75 inches) inside

What fits inside: 9x13 inch file folder, Ellipsis Tablet, hardcover book, Moleskine journals, Penelope Midi with MM Accessory Strap, Little Penelope, smaller journals, accessory bag,  keys, cell, etc.

Interior with contents emptied

Base view

With Soulmate in Deep Blue Africa

Side by side

With Soulmate Midi in Plum Pebbled

Side by side

Side by side with Taupe Pebbled Minerva (very broken in now as she approaches 2 years old, yum!)

Side by side with Selene in Dark Teal Pebbled (also very beautifully broken in now, it was necessary to keep all her tissue packed inside to try to capture a picture close to her true dimensions.)

Side by side with Selene Zip Midi in Black Vacchetta

With Angelica in Black Merinos

Side by side

With Daphne in Sauro Tan Vacchetta

Side by side

With Aura in River Blue Vacchetta

Side by side

With Penelope in Turquoise Pebbled, Penelope Midi & MM Accessory Strap in Octane Merinos and Little Penelope in Aquamarine Athene

Time for work!  :-)

Time for play!  ;-)


I would love a good bag chat with you!

2 comments:

  1. I am draw back to look at this style. I like the minimal hardware and the fact that the bag does taper slightly at the top or it would appear to much like a block. Interested to see a completely side on view. As ever, your outfits rock and that black Angelica is super chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, Thank you! (now if I had access to your beautiful shoe collection I could really be styling! ;-) I enjoy how the top tapers in on Cassandra too, I think it is one of the reasons why it lays so nicely when worn crossbody. In the next blog post I was planning to include some more comparisons of styles when worn, so I would be happy to try to include a couple different angles with this style! Hope your weekend has been great, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete